Friday, February 5, 2010

WHO IS MAXWELL?!!!!!

This is what some fool at my job had the nerve to ask me as he walked by my cube at work. I have Max's pics all over my computer so everyone knows how much I love me some Maxwell. This guy who is 33yrs old and Black had the nerve to ask this question. Now I am not assuming that everyone who is 33 years old and Black know every Soul singer because I don't only listen to Soul but at the age of 33, they should know what good music is and Maxwell is the epitome of good music. Now granted, he doesn't exactly look like the type that would know anything about quality music (yeah, I'm stereotyping....so what? I was right....he only listens to whatever rap crap is on the radio) so I should have known.

So he wants to know who Maxwell is? I'll tell him who Maxwell is......

Maxwell is an artist, a real artist, who writes and composes his own art. He is labeled as a Soul singer but his work is much too great to be stamped and boxed off into any one musical genre. He mixes up Soul, R&B, Jazz, Funk, Ambience and Alternative into songs so beautifully that you feel as if you are caught in galaxy where there is only grass, flowers, water, stars, and the moon and you're alone surrounded by all of this. His voice is so mellow and smooth that you are left to wonder when the saxophone stopped and when his voice begun. His lyrical content speaks of love and the heart and soul of a woman. Lyrics so poetic that it can only be fully appreciated with experience and maturity. And did I mention that he was fine.....so so fine.....

THAT'S who Maxwell is you 33 year old, baggy pants wearing, only listen to rap music, close minded, ignorant fool. Grow up, pull up your pants and open up your mind to other music that doesn't just feed you a total fantasy of money, hoes and clothes. Thank you and goodbye!


1 comment:

  1. OMG - I’m appalled that someone doesn’t know who Maxwell is. Not only is he an amazing artist, but he is my pretend husband (I’m already married so I lost my chances) – but seriously are you sure the guy who asked you this was Black – IMPOSSIBLE!
    BTW – saw your feature on BGLH, you have beautiful hair, and now I know great taste in men!

    ReplyDelete