Thursday, February 4, 2010

Red Obsessed!!

I'm loving red right now! Its the perfect pop of color for these drab cold days where here in the NYC everyone pulls out their winter blacks. Actually, my red obsession started with a Christmas gift given to me by my boss in the form of a fab nail polish at Sephora. Its the Sephora by OPI nail collection sold exclusively at Sephora. The color is called Personal Shopper and is described as a "rich Vixen red" and boy oh boy is it!!



Here's the way the bottle looks. Next to it is the Personal Shopper color

















Now, when I first saw the shade I thought that it would not work with my skin tone so I wasn't excited about it and didn't use it right away. But I got tired of all my nail shades so one day I gave it a shot and loved it! Its a rich red and all you need is 2 coats to get the bottle color and it goes on so evenly. The staying power is pretty good....as good as can be on natural nails. I love the pop it gives to all my outfits especially when I'm wearing my winter blacks and my big gold rings. This can be found at Sephora stores and http://www.sephora.com/


Since I'm loving the red nail, I figured why not get some red lip. Now, this is where the real issue comes. There are a million red lip shades! Some with more plum tones, some with more pink tones and some with more orange tones. Now being a brown girl, I thought I should stick to a darker red (more plum tones) so I tried out a lipstick that was too dark and wasn't the bright vixen red I was looking for. I mean, it was cute and I have rocked it doing my goth chic look but it just wasn't....IT. A regular stop in at my neighborhood pharmacy yesterday and I randomly picked up Black Radiance Perfect Tone Lip Color in Reggae Red. This color is absolutely perfect! And why would it not be since Black Radiance specifically targets women of color. duh! I love this color and can't wait to wear it out.



















I'll put up a pic alittle later of how it looked on me but it totally reminded me of this fierce female's lip color.

















ETA: Here's my pic. Am I as fierce as ms. lady over here?!




The name describes it perfectly. Its more of a red that has a Caribbean feel to it with what I'm guessing to be more of pink undertones. When I wipe it off, it looks pink on the tissue. Its very pretty, giving your winter drab clothes a pop and as you can tell from the above picture, giving your summer clothes a Caribbean feel. This will be MY lipcolor for a while. I'm getting tired of lip gloss anyway :-)

find out about where to buy Black Radiance products at http://www.blackradiancebeauty.com/

1 comment:

  1. love the colour on you!

    also who is the 'fierce female'?

    ReplyDelete